This delightful cake is kind of like the sister cake to my delicious rich and healthy chocolate cake. I made the vanilla one for my daughter’s birthday the other night and it was enjoyed by many! Who would have ever thought that it was made with cannellini beans! This recipe comes from the spunky coconut.
- 2 cups cooked white beans, I used approx 2 400ml cans but you can use the dried version and cook them yourself. Make sure you rinse them well with filtered water.
- 6 eggs
- ¾ tsp vanilla liquid stevia or I used Coconut nectar syrup (do not measure over the batter, just in case it spills out)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or scrape the pod of 1 vanilla bean
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, liquified
- ⅓ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (approx 325 degrees F)
- Grease and line a springform pan. Approx 23cm in diameter.
- In a blender or food processor add the first 5 ingredients.
- Puree well.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and puree well.
- Pour batter into cake pan and tap on kitchen counter to knock out any air bubbles.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes. Test with skewer to see if the cake is cooked through.
- If making cup cakes, bake for approx 25 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting Recipe