Impress those around you with this decadent but healthy chocolate cake….
Flour Free and Sugar Free, this healthy cake is to die for. Well not really die for, but when that special occasion comes along – birthday, anniversary, holiday treat or just because you can serve this wonderfully rich chocolatey cake and your friends will be begging for more.
Healthy Rich Chocolate Cake – Flour Free, Sugar Free
Adapted from a recipe at Healthy Indulgences
Healthy Rich Chocolate Cake - Flour Free, Sugar Free
- 400 grams cannellini beans
- 5 large free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon pure stevia powder
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spray a "9 or 21cm cake pan extra virgin olive oil cooking spray or butter. Line tin with baking paper
- Drain and rinse the beans in a strainer Place beans, 3 eggs, vanilla, stevia and salt into a blender or food processor with S blade.
- Blend on high until beans are liquified - no lumps
- Whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat butter with honey until light and fluffy then add remaining two eggs beating for 1 min after each addition.
- Pour egg mixture into blender with bean mixture.
- Finally sift in cocoa powder mix and beat the batter on high for one minute until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top. Grip pan firmly by the sides and rap it on the counter a few times to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when top is rounded and firm to touch. Leave for 10 minutes in pan to cool. Turn out cake and let cool on a rack.
- Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap or in a sealed container. For best flavour let the cake sit overnight.
- Frost cake with this delicious butter cream icing
Now if you think the cake is good wait till you taste the healthy frosting