This wonderfully rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting will add the finishing touch to the flour less chocolate cake.
Healthy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This wonderfully rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting will add the finishing touch to the flour less chocolate cake. This recipe is from Healthy Indulgences.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup Xylitol powdered
- 5-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk (cream, or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch Sea salt
- Pure Stevia Extract to taste
- 1 organic egg yolk optional for a glossy finish
- Cream the butter in a small bowl until fluffy.
- Powder Xylitol in a coffee grinder or bullet blender until extremely fine in texture like icing sugar.
- Stir powdered sweetener into butter and beat until smooth.
- Slowly blend in cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt.
- Beat in the milk, cream or coconut milk and egg yolk if using.
- Add stevia, starting with 1/16 teaspoon. You will probably use less than 1/4 teaspoon.
- The frosting will harden quite a bit if left to sit for too long – especially in the colder months. So spread your frosting onto cake when frosting is first made.
This recipe is enough to frost the top and sides of a 21 cm cake or top and middle layer of a spilt cake.
Made the chocolate cake with this buttercream icing as a tray bake. Used half the amount of recommended cocoa (I used raw cacao) and this was plenty. Really delicious.
Thanks Wendy! 🙂 Kerry