These delightful little Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes were a try out for a birthday cake that I recently made. I used the Vanilla Bean Cake recipe and added raspberries and white chocolate chunks into the final mix before spooning them into cupcake cases. Great for birthdays, entertaining or a treat when you really feel like cake. Enjoy!
Raspberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups cooked white beans I used approx 2 400ml cans but you can use the dried version and cook them yourself. Make sure you rinse them well with filtered water.
- 6 eggs
- ¾ tsp vanilla liquid stevia or I used Coconut nectar syrup do not measure over the batter, just in case it spills out
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or scrape the pod of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil liquified
- 1/3 cup coconut flour sifted
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries If using frozen, defrost raspberries about 30 minutes prior to making recipe
- 1 pack of white choc bits or 1 block of white cooking chocolate - broken into small chunks.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (approx 325 degrees F)
- Grease and line a 12 hole cupcake or muffin tin. Or you can use individual cupcake cases.
- Puree well.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and puree well.
- Finally add the raspberries and the chocolate and fold through the mixture gently.
- Pour batter into cake pan and tap on kitchen counter to knock out any air bubbles.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Test with skewer to see if the cake is cooked through.
Coconut Cream Frosting