This recipe comes from the Body Ecology Diet Book. It’s a great vegetarian alternative to meat stuffing and goes well with a green salad or steamed veggies. It’s also one of the many recipes included in my sugar free meal plan guide that I’m creating and should have it up and available soon. Stay tuned for more details.
Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or millet See instructions - 1 cup of dry quinoa is enough
- 1-2 tbs coconut oil ghee or butter
- 1 medium onion diced or 1 bunch chives chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs dried basil
- 2 tbs paprika
- 4 cloves garlic minced or garlic oil
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 500 grams kale spinach or other greens, lightly steamed
- 6 red peppers halved, seeded and parboiled for 5 minutes
- To cook Quinoa:
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer with lid on.
- Cook using absorption method. (approx 20 mins)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil or butter in wok or skillet.
- Saute onions or chives and spices until fragrant and soft.
- Blend with cooked grains.
- Taste mixture and adjust seasonings.
- Oil a casserole dish and add peppers and stuff them with grain mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with green salad or steamed veggies.
This recipe suitable for: