A great way to use coconut milk is in curries. If you have seen my article on the benefits of coconut milk you will know that using coconut milk in your diet will add a good daily dose of coconut oil. This Chicken Coconut Curry is the perfect curry for all occasions. It’s creamy and spicy and the pumpkin gives it a nice sweetness.
This recipe has 2 components to it – the curry paste and the curry.
Chicken Coconut Curry
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium to hot heat.
- Add coconut oil.
- Add curry paste or curry powder and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken in batches cooking until browned.
- Add pumpkin or sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a slight boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for approximately 20 mins.
- Add cashews in the last 5 minutes.
You can find the curry paste recipe here
This recipe suitable for:
- fodmaps – substitute broccoli for cauliflower and and use jap pumpkin if sweet potato upsets your stomach
- Sugar free
- anti candida