This thai curry paste can be made with red or green chillies. It can also be made and kept on hand in the fridge. It makes a great marinade or baste for skewers. and it is the perfect curry paste for my Chicken Coconut Curry.
Thai Curry Paste
- 5 chillies red or green - you can add more or less depending on how hot you like your curry paste
- 4 cm piece of ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bunch coriander roots chopped
- Olive Oil just enough to combine ingredients
- Lime Leaves optional
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 stalk lemon grass or 4 tablespoons lemon grass paste
- 2 shallots
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Water or coconut milk to blend
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend or use a mortar and pestle to grind into a paste.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and ingredients if needed.
- Store in glass jar in fridge.
Replace garlic with garlic infused oil and shrimp paste with Tamari
This recipe is suitable for:
- sugar free meal plan
- anti candida
- fodmaps – replace garlic with garlic infused oil and use tamari instead of shrimp paste