If you are looking for another way to use your cauliflower rice than this Cauliflower Pizza Base is a real treat. Not only is it gluten free – it makes a nice change from using flours or nuts. You can use any pizza topping you like with or without cheese. Let me know if you try it!
Cauliflower Pizza Base
- Shred or crumble the cauliflower using a grater or food processor.
- You need a total of 2 cups of crumbled cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower until just soft and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 225 degrees C. Brush a pizza pan or flat based tray with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl mix the cauliflower crumbles with the remaining ingredients.
- Pat the crust onto the pizza pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Finish off with some more grated cheese (optional)
- Place pizza either back in the oven for another 10 minutes or
- Place under the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
This recipe is suitable for:
- sugar free meal plan – but rather than cold cuts, which can often contain sugar as an ingredient, choose shredded bbq chicken, cooked ground beef of left over roast meat as an alternative.
- Not suitable for anti candida or fodmaps.