If you are looking for another way to use your cauliflower rice than this Cauliflower Pizza Base is a real treat. Not only is it gluten free – it makes a nice change from using flours or nuts. You can use any pizza topping you like with or without cheese. Let me know if you try it!
Cauliflower Pizza Base
- 1/2 large head cauliflower - should be equivalent to 2 cups shredded/crumbled cauliflower.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese or cheese of your liking
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic or fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Shred or crumble the cauliflower using a grater or food processor.
- You need a total of 2 cups of crumbled cauliflower.
- Heat a fry pan and add some butter or coconut oil.
- Cook the cauliflower until just soft and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F or 225 degrees C. Brush a pizza pan or flat based tray with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl mix the cauliflower crumbles with the remaining ingredients.
- Pat the crust onto the pizza pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Top with your favourite pizza toppings. Choose from marinara sauce, passata, shaved meats such as chicken, ham, turkey, ground beef or lamb. Arrange some veggies like roast pumpkin, sweet potato, red pepper, red onion and add some fresh herbs like basil, rocket, or sprinkle a favourite herb mix.
- Finish off with some more grated cheese (optional)
- Place pizza either back in the oven for another 10 minutes or
- Place under the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Not suitable for anti candida or fodmaps.
This recipe is suitable for:
- sugar free meal plan – but rather than cold cuts, which can often contain sugar as an ingredient, choose shredded bbq chicken, cooked ground beef of left over roast meat as an alternative.
- Not suitable for anti candida or fodmaps.