This photo of my Chicken and Basil Salad does not quite catch the brillant colour that you will see when you make it for yourself. This is a truly quick, light and tasty meal. If you need a meal in a hurry or even to pack and go then this could be the one.
You can make it with or without the bread or use any bread variety you like. It can also be made with other herbs if you don’t happen to have basil or rocket on hand. I have used coriander and mint as well as baby spinach.
Chicken and Basil Salad
- 8 slices bread of your choice gluten free or pick from ciabatta, sourdough, multigrain, focaccia.
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 garlic clove halved
- 3 cups shredded roast chicken
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g baby rocket leaves or salad leaves of your choice
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil or try coriander, mint or parsley
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick trimmed, thinly sliced
Hope you enjoy it!