Need a quick snack that will pick you up and charge your batteries until dinner time. Then try this Coconut Cream Concentrate. It’s so versatile you’ll wonder why you never had any in your pantry. But you do……if you have a bag of shredded or flaked coconut in your pantry, well then you have Coconut Cream Concentrate.
This recipe is so ridiculously simple, you may be looking for more things to make with it. I love those times when I want some comfort food. A hot cup of Dandelion Root Tea and a slice of my gluten free toast spread thickly with this yummy vanilla flavoured coconut cream.
Try it spread on a piece of toast, crackers or just by the spoonful. A great way to get that daily dose of coconut oil.
Coconut Cream Concentrate
Simply one of the best ways to eat coconut.
- 2 cups of flaked or shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons cold pressed coconut oil (optional)
- Optional flavourings: Vanilla (stevia, cinnamon, orange zest, nutmeg.)
- Blend coconut in a high powered blender for up to 10 minutes.
- Add coconut oil if needed.
- Add optional flavourings.
- Store in a glass jar.
Coconut cream concentrate stores just like coconut oil. It will solidify in colder temperatures. To use, simply put jar into a container with very hot water and let sit until it melts.
Here’s a couple of recipes you can use coconut cream concentrate in.
Blueberry Pudding Cake – Is it a cake or is it a pudding?