Feed Your Pets Coconut Oil
You will be amazed at the many benefits of coconut oil for pets. Coconut Oil is not only great for humans but an excellent supplement for pets as well. Add it to their food, rub it through their coats and use it as a supplement for added energy and to treat sickness or disease.
Dr. Karen Becker discusses the importance of coconut oil in your pet’s diet. Coconut oil is good for balancing good to bad bacteria issues. Coconut oil is also a terrific moisturizer for animals with skin allergies, dry and flaky skins, cuts, sores, pets with thin coats, dry cut noses and other pet’s skin problems.
Check out these Top 5 Benefits of Coconut Oil for Pets
1. Mix the suggested dosage (1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight daily, or 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds) into your pets food or feed it to them on a spoon to increase energy in older pets. NB When first introducing coconut oil to your pet take it slowly. Try 1/4 teaspoon for small pets and 1 teaspoon for larger ones.
2. Love your dog, but hate their breath? Add a little coconut oil to their daily diet so you don’t pass out every time they breath in your face.
3. Apply coconut oil topically to your pets skin on wounds, rashes, dry or flaky skin, or in ears. This should relieve any pain associated with these problems and stop infection.
4. Coconut oil is also beneficial to your pets skin when added to their diet. Taking the recommended dosage will improve their skin and leave them with a shiny coat!
5. Add to homemade dog treats that are healthy for your pet and full of ingredients that you can actually pronounce!
Would love to hear if you have ever used coconut oil for your pet or even if you are thinking about it. Leave a comment below.