If you are looking for a “1 treatment fit all solution” then Coconut Milk and Lemon Juice Hair Conditioning Treatment could be the answer. You might be looking for such a treatment for several reasons.
It could be that you:
- Have thick, wavy hair that likes to bang or kink in places and has the tendency to frizz and dry out around the ends.
- Have tried chemical treatments to moisturise, de-frizz and control curls, kinks and bangs only to find that your purse is getting emptier every week.
- Have a problem with dandruff, dry and itchy scalp and hair that doesn’t grow very fast.
- Have used straightening irons for way too long and need another solution for straightening those curls.
My teenage daughter has beautiful, thick, curly hair that bangs and kinks and frizzes in certain weather conditions. With teenage growth comes a lot of issues with hair, skin, nails etc and it seems her hair grows quicker than it takes for me to get home from the hairdressing appointment! But as well as growth, the dryness of the ends and the uncontrollable frizz seemed to have increased as well. For the last few weeks she has been trying out the coconut milk and lemon juice hair conditioning treatment with I must say, great success.
When using natural ingredients you will never get an instant result overnight, but this treatment does give a good result from the first time you use it. With diligence and patience, this treatment will result in softer, longer, looser curls without the frizz or the dry ends.
The combination of lemon juice and coconut milk brings great benefits to your hair and scalp.
Lemon juice is widely used for hair, skin and nail treatments as well as many other uses around the house. It is a natural hair lightener (mainly for blonde hair) and works amazingly well on dry and itchy scalps and for dandruff. It brings shine to hair and in general is great as a hair improver as it stimulates the oil glands in the scalp producing stronger, healthier hair.
For dandruff – to remove build up of flakes, massage a generous amount of lemon juice into your scalp for several minutes before washing and conditioning as normal.
To remove hair product build up – massage a couple of tablespoons into your scalp for approximately 10 minutes, then wash and condition as usual.
Both these treatments can be used a couple of times a week.
Coconut Milk is known for it’s moisturising ability. It seems that there is coconut milk in every beauty product on the market today. But why pay for an expensive and chemically charged skin or hair product when you can get the same results straight from the coconut itself. Whether you crack one open or buy a can, the result should be the same. 1 cup of coconut milk = 2 tablespoons of oil. Coconut milk and hair are made for each other. Besides giving your hair a shine and lustre that no commercial product could produce, coconut milk brings all the benefits of being antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral. So the scalp gets a great treatment at the same time.
Coconut Milk and Lemon Juice - The Perfect Hair Conditioning Treatment
- Place both coconut milk and lemon juice into glass jar and pop in refrigerator until the milk has separated. Approximately 1 hour.
- Using the creamy layer on top, smother hair from scalp to ends.
- Massage scalp for about 10 minutes.
- If you have long hair, clip or pin the bulk of the hair up and place a shower cap or swimming cap over your head.
- Wrap a head towel around the cap and leave on for a minimum of 30 minutes. It can be left longer but no shorter than 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner afterwards.
- Repeat this for up to 15-20 days for the best results.
If you are after a quicker result or for a special occasion then you try the hot oil treatment.
Simply warm 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil, depending on the length of your hair. To warm coconut oil, either stand the jar with the oil in a deeper dish with almost boiling water or run the jar under a tap of very hot tap water.
Smother your hair from the scalp to the ends with the oil and cover with a shower or swimming cap for a minimum of 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual.
This will give you shiny, looser curls or tresses to work with for that special date or occasion.
How about you? Have you used coconut milk for any natural hair uses? Leave a comment.