This recipe is adapted from Eatwelllivingthin. It's a versatile recipe which you can really throw any vegetable in to and it will still taste great.
Author: Kerry Wennersten
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (see note for cooking instructions)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or other variety, if you prefer)
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated (OR 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour mix or tapioca flour, quinoa flour or regular wheat flour
- 2 green onions, including white parts
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove crushed garlic
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine the 2 rounded cups of cooked quinoa, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, carrot, eggs, flour, green onions, pepper, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- Heat a frying pan, add about a tablespoon of coconut oil for frying. I have my pan quite hot to start with and then turn down as the pan continues to get hotter. I shape them with my hands using about ¼ cup of mixture. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
To cook Quinoa for burger recipe 1.Take 1 cup of quinoa grains and cover with water in a bowl and soak overnight. 2.Drain quinoa. 3.Place Quinoa in saucepan and cover with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. 4.Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and use absorption method. 5.When all the water has gone (about 20 mins) turn off the heat and let quinoa sit until cool.