- 2 cups cooked quinoa (see note for cooking instructions)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or other variety, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated (OR 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour mix or tapioca flour, quinoa flour or regular wheat flour
- 2 green onions, including white parts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove crushed garlic
- Coconut oil for frying
- In a large bowl combine the 2 rounded cups of cooked quinoa, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, carrot, eggs, flour, green onions, pepper, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- Heat a frying pan, add about a tablespoon of coconut oil for frying. I have my pan quite hot to start with and then turn down as the pan continues to get hotter. I shape them with my hands using about 1/4 cup of mixture. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
To cook Quinoa for burger recipe
1.Take 1 cup of quinoa grains and cover with water in a bowl and soak overnight.
3.Place Quinoa in saucepan and cover with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
4.Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and use absorption method.
5.When all the water has gone (about 20 mins) turn off the heat and let quinoa sit until cool.