One of the things that always trips me up when I’m away on holidays is “what am I going to eat?” I’m not in my own kitchen with my own utensils, not sure how the stove works and don’t have my pantry laden at my finger tips. So before I went away for christmas just gone I decided to make a plan as to what was going to be easy and quick and convenient. Could there be a meal like that! Well there is and while I was on holidays I came up with this quick and easy Scrambled Vegetable breakfast that I thought I’d share with you. It’s so easy it’s ridiculous but I was excited as it’s a meal that is doable while travelling or staying away from home.
A super quick protein based breakfast perfect for when you are travelling or away from home.
- 1 bag mixed vegetables diced. (Woolworths and Coles sell them in the salad section If you are at home you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand and dice them very small.)
- 2 eggs
- Butter and/or coconut oil for frying
- Some green leaves like baby spinach (rocket, basil or coriander.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet heat butter and/or coconut oil (I use a combination of both as I really like the flavour and it’s a great way of getting a daily dose of coconut oil.
- Toss in about half the bag of vegetables or diced vegetables from home.
- Stir fry until the veggies soften.
- Add eggs.
- Cook eggs anyway you like. Sometimes I let them sit in amongst the veggies and let them cook through whole. Other times I scramble the eggs through the veggies.
- Serve on green leaves with a handful of activated nuts.