Need a treat for the weekend that won’t blow the sugar balance. This peanut butter fudge from the IQS program touts loads of flavour with the added bonus of rice syrup as the sweetener which won’t spike your sugar levels. Love the combo of sweet, salty and nutty – then this recipe is for you!
IQS Salted Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- good pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 350 gr unsalted organic smooth peanut butter or another nut butter if you prefer
- Sea Salt Flakes for sprinkiling
- Grease and line a loaf or slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat until combined well.
- Add vanilla, sea salt, coconut cream and peanut butter to the saucepan and stir vigorously using a fork until peanut butter has completely melted through and mixture is smooth with no excess oil.
- If mixture starts to bubble and get too hot, remove from the heat and continue stirring until smooth.
- Pour fudge mixture into lined tin.
- Smooth down the mixture with the back of a fork.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Freeze fudge for 1-2 hours until set.
- Slice into approximately 40 pieces and store in the fridge in a sealed container.
This recipe would work with other nut butters such as almond or cashew.
Do you make peanut butter fudge? Would you try this recipe?
Leave a comment or share some social love below.