In celebration of mothers across the world I’ve come up with some healthy and yummy Mother’s Day Gift Ideas that won’t break the bank and will be fun to make as well as to receive!
DIY Coconut Oil Rub Stick
Or maybe you’d prefer the Coconut oil Rub Stick. Packed with shea butter, beeswax and apricot oil and delicately fragranced with Lavender and Vanilla it makes the perfect DIY gift. Find the recipe here Coconut Oil Rub Stick.
I hope you enjoy making these small “I love you’s” for your mother or grandmother or maybe even you!
Orange and Cranberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup golden flax flour
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 free range or organic eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup rice syrup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of dried cranberries or another berry
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C or 375 ° F.
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tray with liners or grease.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in the bowl with the oil mixture and the whites in a clean separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Stir the eggs yolks into the oil mixture.
- In a small dish add the baking soda and ACV and stir. It will go frothy.
- Add the egg whites and fold through using a metal spoon.
- Add the cranberries and fold through.
- Spoon mixture into 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins. Test after 20 minutes by inserting a skewer.
Chocolate Coconut Mousse
- Blend with stick blender.
- Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and blend again until gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl or ramekins and place in the fridge.
- Will set in approximately 2 hours.
Where to buy Great Lakes Gelatin
Will you make any of these delicious recipes for a special mum this Sunday. Share your photos on our facebook page or leave a comment below.