Green Pesto Dip is easy to make and very versatile. I use just about anything green in this dip, depending on what I have on hand at the time. I’ve used spinach, rocket, basil, coriander and even asian salad greens. I also use whatever nuts I have on hand as well, cashews, almonds, pecans – all activated. This dip will lend itself to make yummy meals such as:
- Scrambled pesto eggs
- Cream cheese and pesto dip
- Creme fraiche and pesto dressing
- Use as a pasta or vegetable sauce
- 2 cups of greens - spinach, basil, asian greens, parsley, coriander, rocket.
- 75 grams Parmesan Cheese or Fetta cheese
- 150 mls Olive Oil
- ½ cup activated nuts - cashews, almonds, pecans or pine nuts.
- 2-3 garlic cloves - taste as you go.
- Chop your greens in a food processor.
- Add cheese, nuts and garlic.
- While food processor is going add olive oil gradually so it emulsifies.
- Adjust flavours. If too much garlic or oil, add more greens to balance out flavours.
You can find the recipe for activated nuts here
To make the cream cheese and pesto dip use my cream cheese recipe and combine with the pesto dip. Use as much or as little of both until you get just the right flavour. Great with vegetable sticks or some crackers.
How about you? How will you use the green pesto dip recipe? Would love to hear from you.