This Gluten-Free chocolate mug cake can be made dairy free and sugar free!
Adapted from atxglutenfree.com
Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Servings: 1 -2
- 1 large microwave safe coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free S R flour mix homemade or a bought brand – White wings, Macro
- 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar Available here or in most good health food shops
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk or coconut milk or rice milk, (cows milk or goats milk if you are not dairy free)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil Available here or in most good health food shops
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: pinch ground coffee dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes
- Grease a coffee mug with oil or butter. Place all ingredients in mug and mix with fork to combine ingredients, but don’t over-mix. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. The cake might look like it is overflowing from mug, but it will settle. Cooking time depends on microwave strength, but the standard is 1 minute and 30 seconds; with 3 minutes being on the higher end. Final product should be moist.