This Cashew, Chia and Banana Custard is a great dessert or snack for the warm spring days we have been having. It’s made with Cashew milk, which has become a regular item on our menu over the last few weeks. Since my daughter has had to go off high salicylate foods we have had to find alternatives to almond milk, coconut milk and other dairy products. Cashew milk seems to make a nice alternative. It’s creamy texture lends itself well in smoothies, custards and puddings. Cashew milk is easy to make and keeps in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days. But trust me it won’t last that long. You can find the recipe for Cashew Milk here.
Cashew, Chia and Banana Custard
- 400 mls Cashew Milk
- 1 large ripe Banana
- Seeds from 1 Vanilla Pod or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3 tablespoons – 1/4 cup of Chia Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Stevia or to taste
- Put the cashew milk, banana, vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add stevia in small quantities to taste.
- Add chia seeds. The more chia seeds – the thicker the custard will be.
- Pour custard into jars or bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Overnight refrigeration is best.