Granola recipes are the easiest thing to make and are so versatile you could eat them for dessert. This Cashew and Seed Granola is gluten free but also low salicylate, fodmap friendly and low fructose. It is packed with nutrition from the cashews, chia and flax seeds as well as quinoa, millet and brown rice puffs. If you are not following any strict dietary requirements than you could swap around ingredients and use buckwheat puffs or groats, amaranth puffs or oats and try different nuts like pecans, almonds or hazelnuts. The flavour sensation is in your hands.
Cashew milk has become a bit of a staple in our house in the last few weeks. It’s creamy texture makes it ideal for smoothies, custards, even ice creams (yet to try). It’s a great accompaniment to the Granola and makes a great banana, chia custard.
Cashew and Seed Granola
- Turn oven to 150 degree C.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Add spices or other flavourings to dry mix.
- Mix well.
- Line a large cookie sheet or baking dish with parchment paper and spread mix out.
- Bake in the middle of oven for approximately 10-20 minutes.
- Stir the granola and bake for another 10-20 minutes - watch carefully as it will burn.
- You may have to adjust cooking times depending on your oven.
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- Strain milk through a piece of muslin or cheese cloth and squeeze out as tight as possible.
- Pour milk into jar or bottle with a lid and store in the fridge for 4-5 days.