Have you been wanting to start oil pulling however –
Haven’t started yet?
Scared of the gag factor?
Not sure what to do?
Not sure what to expect?
Now is your opportunity. The 30 day Oil Pulling Challenge will help with all of the above.
If you haven’t read about oil pulling and all it’s amazing benefits and why you should even consider it read the following:
Why would you bother putting a tablespoon of oil in your mouth every day only to swish it around and then spit it out? Good question.
In a nutshell oil pulling can:
- Improve your oral health – brighten teeth, remove plaque, improve gum condition and eradicate bacteria that’s built up or in hard to reach places.
- Improve on overall health – draws out toxins from the bloodstream to allow the body to gently detox and increase the body’s own healing ability.
What do you need to start the oil pulling challenge:
- A good quality oil. I personally use and recommend cold pressed coconut oil for it’s antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti viral and fungal properties. However, you can use a good quality olive oil, avocado oil, sesame or sunflower oil. I find that the coconut oil doesn’t have an overbearing taste and so is quite pleasant as far as flavour goes to put in your mouth.
- 20 minutes every day – best if it’s first thing in the morning but 20 minutes somewhere 1 hour before and after a meal is fine as well.
- A notepad to jot down any experiences, changes in conditions etc. (optional)
Here’s the daily drill –
- Rinse your mouth with some water and spit
- Place anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of oil in your mouth and begin to gently swish around for up to 20 minutes. If you can’t manage 20 minutes, then go as long as you can and add in more time each time you do it.
- Spit into bin – not down the sink and don’t swallow it!
- Rinse with water and brush your teeth (I like to brush straight afterwards but you can opt to eat then brush if you wish)
I’m in – where do I join in on the 30 Day Oil Pulling Challenge:
Starting date is Monday 16.11.15 so that gives you time to get your oil and work out your routine, where to fit it in etc. If for whatever reason you can’t start on the Monday then just join in whenever you can during the next month.
I’ve set up a facebook group that you can join in for comments, discussions, tips and encouragement. Just follow this link and ask to join (I’ve made it a closed group) or you can leave a comment or feedback below.