This Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie is perfect for anyone wanting to follow a LCHF diet and excellent to use as a post exercise recovery drink. Full of healthy fats both from the coconut milk and coconut oil, you can add in an optional scoop of a good whey protein powder or gelatin hydrolysate that will boost the recovery of hard worked muscles.
Perfect afternoon snack
Great as an up and go breakfast option or as an afternoon snack for when the kids are back from school, this low carb strawberry smoothie tastes wonderfully delicious and nutritious.
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 scoops [url href=”http://geni.us/3m8V” target=”_blank”]vanilla protein powder[/url] or 1 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin [url href=”http://geni.us/322J” target=”_blank”]Hydrolysate[/url]
- 1-2 tablespoons [url href=”http://geni.us/14s4″ target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url]
- 1 tablespoon coconut yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://geni.us/1HB0″ target=”_blank”]chia seeds[/url] (optional)
- 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://geni.us/2Jsh” target=”_blank”]activated almonds[/url] (optional)
- Place all ingredients except coconut oil and blend or blitz with a stick blender.
- Add coconut oil at the end and blitz to combine.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Love strawberries then try out my Strawberry Smoothie Bliss Balls recipe also perfect for a post workout recovery snack.
Do you have a favourite smoothie recipe? Join me on facebook and share your recipes and photos.