This is Gluten Free Reduced Sugar Chocolate Strawberry Tart is another of the marvellous creations that we served for the High Tea with my sister. By reduced sugar I mean that while there is no cane sugar in it there is other sweeteners. If you have recently decided to go sugar free or cut down on sugar then this recipe is probably not what you want to serve for dessert on the weekend. However if you have been off sugar for awhile and dealt with the withdrawals and through the other side then a treat like this should not throw you off the rector scale. It’s rich and decadent and a little piece goes a long way, so make sure you have lots of friends over to share it around.
Gluten Free Reduced Sugar Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 1/3 cup sugar free strawberry jam
- 2/3 cup cream
- 25 gr unsalted butter
- 200 gr dark chocolate - you can buy chocolate that is cane sugar free.
- 6 strawberries
- Hazelnut Crust
- 1 1/2 hazelnut meal or any other nut meal or combination
- 1/3 cup xylitol coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflour potato flour or tapioca starch
- 125 gr cold unsalted butter chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Make hazelnut crust.
- Grease a 22cm round loose based flan tin. Roll hazelnut dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Trim edges and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- NB: If it’s a really hot day this method of rolling is not always the best as the dough softens too quickly and then makes it hard to work with. Alternatively take portions of the dough and press into base using slightly wet fingers to smooth dough into place.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/ 180 degrees fan forced. Approximately 400 degrees F.
- Place tin on an oven tray. Bake hazelnut crust about 25 minutes. Spread jam over crust; return to oven for 2 more minutes. Cool.
- NB: Alternative to above step - heat jam in microwave for 1 minute and spread over the base. Same effect. The hot jam will cool and form a sticky layer over base.
- Top with strawberries.
- Serve with fresh cream.