Whats the deal with Buckwheat and Quinoa?
Quinoa most commonly considered a grain, is also a seed and is a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and Swiss chard. It has a low glycemic index, gluten free, high in protein and a good source of fiber.
Buckwheat and Quinoa Pancakes
- Measure your dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Add this to the dry ingredients
- Add some water here if needed to make the mix slightly fluid
- Beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form
- Add egg whites and fold through pancake mix
- Let pancake mix sit for about 10 minutes
- Cook pancakes and place in warm oven
Where to buy Buckwheat and Quinoa
You can buy Buckwheat groats and flour from any good Health Food Shop. The same for Quinoa seeds. The flour can be a little harder to find. The major supermarkets now have Buckwheat and Quinoa products in the Health Food Aisle.