Another selection from my sister’s High Tea event over the festive season. These little Buckwheat Blinis can be made real quick using a packet of Orgran’s Buckwheat Pancake Mix. If you have more time and wish to make them from scratch then follow the recipe below.
- Combine the egg yolks mixture with the flour mixture.
- Fold through the egg whites and mix until well combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out enough batter to make small pancakes.
- Keep cooked blinis covered until all the mixture is used.
- Top the blinis with cream fraiche, smoked salmon and capers or
- Try other meats such as corn beef, beef carpaccio or tuna.
- Add julienne vegetables, olives, fetta cheese and fresh herbs.