Just in time for Fathers Day (for all the Northern Hemisphere readers), a great DIY Aftershave Balm and Astringent recipe. For that special man in your life, whether it’s a father, hubby, grandfather, son, I’m sure they will all enjoy this wonderful cooling and soothing coconut aftershave balm and astringent duo.
While most of my posts are written with women in mind, it occurred to me while I was whipping up this beautiful homemade whipped coconut body butter, that a man would benefit greatly from the soothing, moisturising properties that come from this butter. While I have no idea what it’s like to shave my face, I do know that my legs reap the benefits of using the body butter. No more red spots, raised bumps or dry patches.
So ladies, for that special gift for the “him” in your life check out the following DIY recipes for all his skin care needs.
- Place all ingredients into a a spray or pump dispenser and shake until all mixed.
- Dispense as needed.
Homemade Coconut Aftershave Balm
- 1 cup or more solid coconut oil
- 15 drops of Rosehip Oil
- 2 tsp Almond Oil
- 1-4 Vitamin E capsules - pierce the capsule to release the oil
- 30 drops essential oil - Sandalwood Rosemary, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus or Vetiver
- Whip coconut oil on low speed until most of the big lumps are out, approx 2 minutes.
- Add other ingredients and turn up speed.
- Whip until all small lumps are out, approx another 2-3 minutes.
- Store in a glass or plastic jar.
- Use after shaving for to soothe, condition and moisturise skin.
This last recipe is from www.passionatehomemaking.com and is a more liquid type aftershave.
Apple Cider Vinegar Aftershave
- 3 Tbsp Witch Hazel
- 5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- A few drops of essential oils - see men's selection above
- Place ingredients into an old spice jar or something that has small holes on the top.
- Shake well and store in a dark cool place.
- Use within 3-4 days.
Spoil your man this Father’s Day with a gift of love and indulgence.
Have you made Whipped Coconut Body Butter before? What do you use it for? Leave a comment or start a conversation on facebook.