Need some gut-loving Resistant Starch Recipes. Want to know what Resistant starch is and why you should be eating it. Check out Resistant Starch: What is it and Why you need it?
Here’re 7 resistant starch recipes using potato, rice, plantains and banana flour.
1. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce – Simple Roots Wellness
Who doesn’t love Gnocchi and this Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce is full of delicious flavour and texture. Paired with mushrooms, spinach, brown butter and sage this is the ultimate comfort food.
2. Gingerbread Waffles – Purely Twins
Light and fluffy waffles made with plantains. If you love gingerbread, you will love these grain free plantain waffles.
3. Sweet Potato Flatbreads – Empowered Sustenance
4. Plantain Tortillas (AIP, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain Free) – Fresh Start
5. Spiralized Plantain Rice – Insprialized
6. Resistant Starch Rice and Red Cabbage Salad – Biohackers Recipes
Want to know how to prepare rice for maximum resistant starch? This Resistant Starch Rice recipe will show you how. Add in grass fed butter (naturally contains butyrate) and you’ll be feeding those friendly bugs healthy food in no time.
7. Banana Flour and Raspberry Muffins – Paleo Hacks
Banana flour is a versatile flour that makes a great gluten free flour alternative. It combines well with other flours such as rice, potato starch, tapioca, buckwheat, coconut flour or almond meal. Find these Banana Flour and Raspberry Muffins Recipe at Paleo Hacks.
Caution: People with a gut impairment may need to try small amounts of Banana flour when first using. You can alter most recipes by using other gluten-free flours and adding in 1 tablespoon of banana flour. You can then increase the banana flour if well tolerated. Read about Resistant Starch and the gut.
Do you have any favourite Resistant Starch recipes? Will you try any of these?