These Lemon and Poppyseed Coconut Cupcakes are just the thing for a light afternoon tea or for the kids for a snack. They are full of goodness. Fiber from the coconut flour and made only with Stevia, these little gluten free treats won’t add to much to anyone’s waistline.
Lemon and Poppyseed Coconut Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 30 drops liquid stevia or 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder gluten free
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 205 C (400 F)
- Blend together eggs, butter, coconut milk, stevia, salt and vanilla.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and throughly mix into batter until there are no lumps.
- Add in zest and juice of lemon.
- Add in poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into greased and lined muffins or cupcake holders.
- Bake for 15 – 22 minutes. This depends on how many you make.
- You will get 6 small cupcakes or 4 large cupcakes.
- Let cupcakes cool slightly on racks.
- When ready to serve, poke small holes in the top of cupcakes and drizzle lemon syrup over.
- 1 lemon Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp of Xylitol or coconut sugar
- Heat a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat. Add lemon juice and Xylitol or coconut sugar. Stir until syrup starts to thicken. Remove from heat and drizzle over cupcakes.