Looking for a gluten free bread recipe – no bread machine required!
While this bread doesn’t have coconut oil in it, it has all the benefits of coconut by using shredded coconut, coconut flour and coconut milk.
Great as a snack or a treat served with just about any toppings.
Gluten Free Coconut Sweet Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 6 dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to get rid of the clumps from the coconut flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and vinegar.
- Combine the two bowls and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
So whats so great about this bread?
Most gluten free flours that are available on the market are high in carbohydrates and unless additives and flavour enhancers are added they usually taste terrible. Not to be mention how expensive they are to buy.
Coconut flour provides a suitable solution. Coconut is naturally low in digestible carbohydrate, contains no gluten, is cheaper than most other nut flours, is loaded with health promoting fiber and important nutrients and tastes great. Coconut flour is made from finely ground coconut meat with most of the moisture and fat removed. Coconut flour contains less carbohydrate than soy or other nut flours and contains more calorie-free fiber than other wheat alternatives. Coconut flour also provides a good source of protein. While coconut flour does not contain gluten – the type of protein found in many grains – it does not lack protein. It contains more protein than enriched white flour, rye flour, or cornmeal and about as much as buckwheat and whole wheat flours.
Breads made with coconut flour are light and soft and have a wonderful taste and texture.