I made these little carrot cakes and coconut fudge for an afternoon tea party with some friends. Gluten Free, sugar free, these treats are packed with yummy coconut oil. Enjoy!
Little Carrot Cakes
1 1/4 cups Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
3/4 cup Honey
3 Cups coarsely grated carrot
1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
2 1/4 cups Gluten Free self- raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp mixed spice
Honey Cream Frosting
250gr cream cheese
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Fill 2 x 12 cup Muffin trays with Muffin cases.
Melt coconut oil by placing container with oil into hot water until oil has become a liquid. Beat oil and honey and eggs in a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy. Add carrot and pecans.
2. Sift in flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice, then stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cases and for 20 minutes or until cakes spring back gently when touched with your fingertips. Stand for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.
3. To make the Honey cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese and honey in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Spread over cakes when cooled.
4 cups flaked or shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil
2-4 tablespoons of honey
Roasted silvered almonds and/or cocoa nibs.
1. Grease and line a lamington tin.
2. In a food processor put all ingredients except for nuts/cocoa nibs and blend to smooth.
3. Stir through nuts or cocoa nibs
4. Spread mixture into tin and smooth out with spatula.
5. Refrigerate until set.