Hummus dip is one of those great all round accompaniments to so many meals. Use it with vegetables or crackers as a dip or spread it on flat breads to go with salads and meats and wrap it all up. It’s a yummy side dish for lamb or beef. I prefer Hummus without Tahini as I find sesame seeds do not like my throat. I always feel an itchiness in my throat or find that it creates mucous. Hummus without Tahini is just as tasty if not more so.
Hummus without Tahini
- 1 400 gr can chickpeas You can use dried chickpeas and cook them yourself. Allow to cool before using. You will need about 1 1/2 cups
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 medium lemon about 1/4 - 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil about 1/4 cup - add more if you want a stronger flavour
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika or to taste
- Try other spices like chilli or coriander
- In a blender or food processor place the chickpeas, lemon juice and garlic cloves and blend or pulse until smooth.
- Keep food processor running and add olive oil slowly.
- Add spices and adjust to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil over the top.