This delightful recipe is only made with 3 ingredients and I’m sure will satisfy any sugar craving. They look like an Anzac biscuit and taste like an Iced Vo Vo but they are seriously healthy and taste delicious. They are fructose free, low fodmap and low amine and salicylate (depending on levels of salicylate – dried coconut can be tolerated by some). Brown Rice Syrup is only half the sweetness of honey but is low in fructose, making it safe for those who have fructose malabsorption.
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- Brown Rice Syrup to taste
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence - Imitation one is fine for salicylate intolerance
- Pinch of sea salt - optional
- Food processor
- Turn oven to 150 degrees C.
- Grease a sandwich tin and line with baking paper.
- Put the coconut in the processor and blend until quite fine.
- Add Rice syrup gradually - 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add Vanilla Essence and blend again.
- Taste and adjust flavours to suit.
- Press the mixture into the tin and smooth out evenly. Make sure it is all the same thickness.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour.