Since I decided to go fruit free and grain free it took me a bit of thinking and researching as to what I could eat for breakfast. Hence these Bacon and Egg Cupcakes. There is a saying “who says you can’t eat steak for breakfast” floating around in the paleo world, and I have been known to eat a lamb rib or two for breakfast, however if you are looking for something quick, easy and satisfying then this recipe might just be what youre looking for.
Bacon and Egg Cupcakes
- Turn oven onto 200 degrees C.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan with melted coconut oil.
- Cut the 6 rashes of bacon in half and remove the rind.
- Wrap the bacon around the outside of the muffin cup.
- Use any leftover bacon by chopping it and placing in the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup.
- Chop shallots finely and sprinkle on top of each egg.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
This recipe is suitable for:
- sugar free meal plan
- anti candida – replace bacon with zucchini or eggplant strips.
- Great as a snack for hungry teenagers!