Gluten Free Quinoa Bread is the perfect snack or accompaniment with any meal. Great served with cultured veggies, pesto or with an egg scramble, this delightful bread is baked so that it’s crisp and light. Suitable for people on a candida diet and if you adjust the flavourings it also works for fodmap, fructose free, low amine and salicylate diets. Hope you enjoy it!
Of course you could use another seed or grain such as millet, buckwheat or rice. Cook the seed or grain by absorption and then add the flavourings. Too simple.
- 1 cup Quinoa or Millet, soaked overnight.
- Fresh herbs - parsley, basil, coriander, chives
- Veggies - cooked onion, garlic, chilli
- Coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper
- To cook Quinoa:
- Drain soaking water off the Quinoa and rinse under running water.
- Place Quinoa, 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Turn stove on to a medium to high heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Turn heat down to simmer and let Quinoa cook using the absorption method. (20 minutes)
- To make Bread:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a casserole dish or bake tray with butter or oil.
- In a food processor bowl, add the cooked quinoa (still warm but not hot)
- Add in fresh herbs, some butter and coconut oil (enough to mix the dough with)
- Pulse a few times to make sure it's blending.
- Blend until combined and looks like dough.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the top down.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and toasted.
This recipe is suitable for fodmaps - leave out the onion and garlic. Sugar free meal plan and anti candida diet.
This recipe is suitable for:
- fodmaps – leave out the onion and garlic
- sugar free meal plan
- anti candida diet