If you have read my article on the benefits of coconut milk then you might be looking for something yummy to make using it. These Coconut Milk and Raw Choc Cupcakes are perfect for any diet as they are gluten free, sugar free and have all the benefits of coconut milk as well as coconut flour.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 30 drops of liquid stevia or 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia. If you wish to use sugar then omit the stevia and add 3 teaspoons sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 205 C (400 F)
- Blend together eggs, butter or coconut oil, coconut milk, stevia or sugar and salt.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.
- Fold through raw cacao nibs.
- Scoop batter into 4 cupcake holders (for larger cupcakes) or 6 (for smaller ones).
- Bake for 15-22 mins depending on size.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk or cream.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup powdered Xylitol or sugar
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and whip until you get the consistency of a thick frosting.
- You can add more cream if needed to produce more of a whipped texture.
- You can also put the coconut milk/cream in the refrigerator so that it will become more solid.
- Spread cooled cupcakes with frosting.
To powder Xylitol: You will need a bullet blender or a small food processor or grinder.
Pour the required amount of Xylitol into the blender and blend until the crystals become like a dust.