Flour Free and Sugar Free, this healthy cake is to die for. Well not really die for, but when that special occasion comes along – birthday, anniversary, holiday treat or just because you can serve this wonderfully rich chocolatey cake and your friends will be begging for more.
Healthy Rich Chocolate Cake – Flour Free, Sugar Free
Adapted from a recipe at Healthy Indulgences
- 400 grams cannellini beans
- 5 large free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon pure stevia powder
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spray a “9 or 21cm cake pan extra virgin olive oil cooking spray or butter. Line tin with baking paper
- Drain and rinse the beans in a strainer Place beans, 3 eggs, vanilla, stevia and salt into a blender or food processor with S blade.
- Blend on high until beans are liquified – no lumps
- Whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Beat butter with honey until light and fluffy then add remaining two eggs beating for 1 min after each addition.
- Pour egg mixture into blender with bean mixture.
- Finally sift in cocoa powder mix and beat the batter on high for one minute until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth the top. Grip pan firmly by the sides and rap it on the counter a few times to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when top is rounded and firm to touch. Leave for 10 minutes in pan to cool. Turn out cake and let cool on a rack.
- Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap or in a sealed container. For best flavour let the cake sit overnight.
- Frost cake with this delicious butter cream icing
Now if you think the cake is good wait till you taste the healthy frosting