This wonderfully rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting will add the finishing touch to the flour less chocolate cake.
Healthy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Recipe Type: Frosting
Serves: 1 cake or 2 spilt layers
This wonderfully rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting will add the finishing touch to the flour less chocolate cake. This recipe is from [url href=”http://healthyindulgences.net/2009/05/healthy-chocolate-cake-with-a-secret/” target=”_blank” title=”Healthy Indulgences”]Healthy Indulgences.[/url]
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup Xylitol powdered
- 5-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk, cream, or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch Sea salt
- Pure Stevia Extract to taste
- 1 organic egg yolk optional for a glossy finish
- Cream the butter in a small bowl until fluffy.
- Powder Xylitol in a coffee grinder or bullet blender until extremely fine in texture like icing sugar.
- Stir powdered sweetener into butter and beat until smooth.
- Slowly blend in cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt.
- Beat in the milk, cream or coconut milk and egg yolk if using.
- Add stevia, starting with 1/16 teaspoon. You will probably use less than 1/4 teaspoon.
- The frosting will harden quite a bit if left to sit for too long – especially in the colder months. So spread your frosting onto cake when frosting is first made.
This recipe is enough to frost the top and sides of a 21 cm cake or top and middle layer of a spilt cake.