Coconut Carrot and Ginger Fat Bombs are definitely the bomb if you want or need more fat in your diet. These wonder balls will give you a great energy lift, squash any sugar pangs and satisfy those tastebuds.
What makes these Coconut Carrot and Ginger Fat Bombs so special?
Coconut oil – full of MCFAs which makes them antibacterial, antiviral, antibiotic, and antifungal. Coconut oil will also satiate your appetite and help curb those sweet cravings.
Coconut Butter – This stuff is almost like manna from heaven! Basically it’s the flesh of the coconut blended to create this melt in your mouth butter. Also contains some oil and is similar to nut butter but slightly different texture. So good you can eat by the teaspoon. You can buy it already blended or make your own. And can be used in other recipes such as Blueberry Pudding Cake and Raspberry Coconut Shortcake.
Carrots – the humble carrot is packed with some great nutrients. High in Potassium and Vitamin A, raw carrots are great for removing excess Estrogen.
Ginger – One of my favourite spices, ginger is anti inflammatory, can ease nausea and gastrointestinal problems. Besides that it just tastes great!
Cashews – A great source of dietary fibre, iron and magnesium, cashews have been touted as being a cure for overcoming depression. They add a great texture component to these wonder balls. You could use other nuts if you don’t or can’t eat cashews.
These little treats will last well in the fridge and are perfect for a snack or pick me up when low on energy. Also good as a post workout food.
Coconut Carrot and Ginger Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://coconutoilpost.com/coconut-oil-benefits/resources/” target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url] solid
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://coconutoilpost.com/coconut-oil-benefits/resources/” target=”_blank”]coconut butter[/url]
- 1/4 cup chilled coconut milk
- 2 carrots grated or blend until finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1 – 2 tablespoons cashew meal (optional)
- 2 heaping teaspoons ground ginger or a knob of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, maple, rice syrup or coconut nectar
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Make sure your coconut oil is solid. If you are in a warm climate put it in the fridge for an hour or 2.
- Place solid coconut oil and coconut butter into a bowl and whip with beaters or in a blender.
- Mixture should become creamy and soft.
- Add in chilled coconut milk and beat again.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Taste and see if the flavours are right.
- Place mixture in fridge for up to an hour to harden.
- Mixture should be the right consistency to roll.
- Roll into small balls about 2 teaspoons per ball.
- Roll in shredded coconut and place in a container or on a tray.
- Pop into fridge to set for about 1/2 an hour.
- Eat and enjoy!
Have you used coconut butter before? Will you make these Coconut, Carrot and Ginger fat bombs?
Leave me a comment or head over to facebook and share the social love.