Cauliflower Rice can be used in replace of rice or eaten on it’s own. It tastes amazing and is so versatile because you can add almost anything to it to change it’s flavour.
I love it with a chicken coconut curry but my favourite way to eat it at the moment is for breakfast or lunch with an egg scrambled through it. This is also a great recipe for getting a good dose of saturated fats and coconut oil. Yum!
- ½ head of cauliflower
- A good dollop of butter and/or 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil. I use both together.
- 1 leek, onion or 3-4 shallots
- Bacon or ham (optional) 3-4 rashes
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Herbamare or sea salt to taste
- Grate or process cauliflower until you have fine crumbles or a grain like texture.
- Heat frypan with butter and/or coconut oil.
- Cook onion until its soft.
- Add bacon if using. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Add cauliflower. Cook until soft.
- Add spices.
You can change the flavour many times simply by adding different spice combinations. If you want to scramble an egg through it just crack however many eggs you need to the last stage of cooking and stir gently. Let it cook for a little while and stir again until you see the egg starting to scramble.
Tried Cauliflower Rice before. How do you make it? Let me know how it went.