A light and refreshing soup perfect for any meal.
We are into spring now in Australia and even though I’ve thrown most of my winter clothes into storage the temperature on some days is still cold enough that a quick, easy and delicious soup like this one is just whats needed.
Green vegetables as I mentioned in my take anywhere, add anything green smoothie are the Rolls Royce of vegetables. And this soup is packed with them giving you all the nutrition, minerals, fats and flavour!
This recipe has been adapted from the Body Ecology Diet
- 1 large head of broccoli chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- ¼ to ½ head fresh fennel plus the feathery fennel tops
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- Sea salt or Herbamare to taste
- Scallions and parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Remove tough outside layer of broccoli peel from stems and chop.
- Saute onion, garlic and ground fennel seed in oil until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add broccoli stems and chopped fennel and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Puree mixture in blender or use a stick blender for several minutes until soup is smooth.
- Add sea salt or herbamare to taste.
- Simmer 10 minutes, adjust seasonings if needed. Garnish with parsley and scallions.