Since I decided to go fruit free and grain free it took me a bit of thinking and researching as to what I could eat for breakfast. Hence these Bacon and Egg Cupcakes. There is a saying “who says you can’t eat steak for breakfast” floating around in the paleo world, and I have been known to eat a lamb rib or two for breakfast, however if you are looking for something quick, easy and satisfying then this recipe might just be what youre looking for.
- 6 free range or organic eggs
- 6 rashes middle bacon - free range if possible
- 3 shallots or ½ bunch chives
- coconut oil
- Turn oven onto 200 degrees C.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan with melted coconut oil.
- Cut the 6 rashes of bacon in half and remove the rind.
- Wrap the bacon around the outside of the muffin cup.
- Use any leftover bacon by chopping it and placing in the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup.
- Chop shallots finely and sprinkle on top of each egg.
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
Not suitable for candida diets unless you omit the bacon and wrap zucchini or eggplant strips around the eggs.
This recipe is suitable for:
- sugar free meal plan
- anti candida – replace bacon with zucchini or eggplant strips.
- Great as a snack for hungry teenagers!