This homemade whipped coconut body butter is the perfect way to keep your coconut oil from becoming too solid in the colder temperatures. I have been using coconut oil for close to 6 years now and it has taken me this long to discover the absolute joy of whipping it into this delectable body butter. Delectable because it’s seriously good enough to eat! And joy of feeling this silky smooth butter slide onto your skin. And it’s all too easy. I always need something to celebrate the onset of winter (here in the southern hemisphere). I feel the blues as temperatures get colder, so any little nurturing gives me that much needed boost. Coconut oil makes such a great carrier oil, making this whipped coconut body butter so versatile. In minutes you can add a variety of other conditioning oils as well as essential oils making the butter suitable for:
- after shave soother
- scar or burn cream
- face cleanser and moisturiser
- pregnancy and baby skin care
- massage oil
- personal lubricant
- 1 cup or more of solid cold pressed coconut oil
- 15 drops Rosehip oil
- 2 tsps Sweet Almond oil
- 1-4 capsules Vitamin E oil
- 30 drops essential oil – Sweet Orange, Lavender, Geranium are all good
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and using a hand mixer or stand mixer, set it on the lowest setting.
- Start to whip coconut oil on low speed until most of the big lumps are out.
- Turn speed up and add the other ingredients and whip until smooth.
- The oil should start to look like whipped cream and will form peaks.
- Place whipped oil into a storage container.
Wondering where to buy coconut oil from – here’s one I recommend.
Banaban Virgin Coconut Oil 350ml
Or browse through the store for more options.
How about you? Ever whipped coconut oil before? Let me know if you try it, leave me a comment or jump onto the social buttons.